SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
HealyKohler Design has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer in our Washington, DC design studio. This position is an integral member of our multi-disciplinary design team working on a variety of exhibition and experience design projects across the country.
Scope of the position:
The successful applicant will plan, program, conceptualize and develop exhibit and interpretive graphic programs, donor recognition, and environmental graphics. They will be the client liaison and will assist in translating their needs into effective design solutions. The senior designer will oversee and manage design staff and guide them in creating designs to meet client needs. The successful applicant will manage production and installation of the exhibition and experience design projects.
– 7+ years of graphic design experience in exhibition and/or environmental graphic design
– Outstanding design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery, and typography into three-dimensional built environments
– Ability to manage multiple complex design projects within budgets and meeting deadlines
– Superior organizational planning, budgetary and project timeline abilities
– Ability to manage junior designers and direct design intent
– Excellent communication skills and experience as the studio’s representative for clients, vendors, consultants, and project teams
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with flexibility
– Working knowledge of industry best practices including universal design and ADA compliance as well as fabrication materials and methods
– Prepare, coordinate and manage final digital artwork with the Adobe Creative Suite software for fabrication